Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Hospital Bag List

Since this is my second go around on the Mommy Merry Go 'Round - I am going to put up my hospital back list on what I plan on bringing this time around. I know the internet is saturated with these lists, fully equipped with photos... that is not going to be this list.

My C-Section Hospital Bag List

  • Toiletries
    • Sensitive Body Wash
    • Shampoo
    • Conditioner
    • Lotion
    • Toothbrush and paste
    • Face Cleanser wipes
  • BlowDryer
  • Hair Brush
  • Hair Ties - Multiple bands cause you know they get lost while you are sleeping.
    • aside from the hair ties I also plan on brining a hairband - headband to keep my hair pulled back for when I am feeding
  • My Makeup bag -
    • the essentials of my makeup bag are pretty small - face lotion, tinted moisturizer, Blush, mascara and concealer.  - I keep it simple, especially in the hospital no need to bring the whole nine yards.
  • Cell Charger
  • Last time I think I brought the iPad but this will change to the Laptop.
  • Cell phone - for the quick pic and to start the recording of feedings and diapers.
  • Last time I brought some of our own diapers and wipes as well - although I know the hospital provides these while you are there for the lil guy.
  • I also came prepared with Pads. 
    • The ones the hospital provides are Awesome but bulky so just incase I brought my own - I will do this again - I happen to like the Kotex Extra Long super absorbent. 
  • Since I am having a scheduled C-Section I advise others to bring a nursing nightgown, not the shorts/pant top combo. 
    • The reason for this is simple, after the section they have pressure cuffs on your legs and long story short its just a whole mess... go with the night gown.
  • Nursing Bras
  • My going home clothes
  • the baby's going home clothes.
  • Lanolin Cream
I may have forgotten some things. but this is really the gist of it - I won't be bringing my own pump -Plan on renting one from the hospital....

So thats it really - I know that other lists tell you to bring change for the hospital vending machines, and what not but really.... In between the hospital food, and my family and friends stopping by with snacks just to see the new edition - hospital vending machine food was the last thing on the list of stuff I had to worry about.


I hope this helps someone else - but this is definitely what will be in my bag for the hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment