Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Sleep deprivation

Sometime between the second and third trimester you begin to experience the awesomeness of being unable to sleep. You get uncomfortable, are having shortness of breath, or as soon as you get to that sleepy place your bundle of joy starts doing the lambada or you have to pee...

I have come to view this as the boot camp stage of being pregnant. Largely due to the fact that I recall being in a state of functional sleep deprivation right after I had my son. You learn to function on twenty minute intervals of sleep, and its easier to do because your lil one has trained you.

Essentially your child spends the last couple of months sleep training you into functional insomnia, and you spend the next several months after birth trying to sleep train them into sleeping through the night.

All in all though, I may complain about it now, but I will be thankful for the sleep training soon. Because if I recall, the adjustment wasn't horrible, and when you get that first night of 6-8 hours of sleep.... omg its like the lottery....

Just remember, its just training for later - and you will appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment